Filed under: blog | Tags: clipmann, clipmann.com, development, Funny, lolcat, lolcats, lols, lulz, php, programming, symfony, Web 2.0, Web Development
For the past few months, I have been working on an app which gives you more freedom in creating your Lulz. Well, it’s finally done. Meet ClipMann, the official ambassador of the clip people.
You will be able to:
- Upload your own images
- Stamp your uploads with a watermark customized to your website (name/colors/fonts)
- Submit your images to be included in the community (which could be approved or not)
- Chose from a HUGE array of funky fonts (South Park, Star Wars, Family Guy, Buffy the VS, and MANY more)
- Choose between SERIOUS community images selection, divided by categories (Cats, CatsNDogs, Politics, People, Tech, Random, Monsters, Robots)
- Create more than one lol at the same time
- Animate your concurrent lols as an animated gif
- Combine your concurrent lols as a comic strip
The following is an illustration of the type of lulz you can create. You have the normal comic strip look, with custom colors/fonts/backgrounds.
There is also the option of an animated gif that has been created by the same frames.
Please tell me what you think.
Filed under: blog | Tags: code, Funny, halarious, humor, php, programming, web, Web 2.0, Web Development
Filed under: blog | Tags: internet, web, Web Development, website, Wordpress, wp
Soooooooooooo yeahh!, when is wordpress.com gonna get synced with 2.5?
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: adsense, advertisement, cats, contextual, contextual advertisement, cute, icanhascheezburger.com, online, online money, open source, web, Web 2.0, Web Design, Web Development, WikiPedia, Wordpress, wordpress.com
Okay, first of all. Like many, my favorite blog on wordpress.com is icanhascheezburger.com. WICKED, LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE.
But if you notice, right on the header of this blog, there exist adsense!. I thought we cant use adsense on a wordpress.com hosted blog!. What gives? does wordpress allow adsense only on higher profile blogs?, if so, how is that defined? Can someone please shed some light on this.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: dr phil, drphil, Entertainment, health, myspace, online, profile, psychology, Web Design, Web Development, web traffic, website
Thats right people, it seems that drphil.com is under heavy development of somekind of a social network platform. Which is GOOD, good idea!, and i tell you, i do NOT have a myspace account, but once this thing is up and running. I’m in.
EITHERWAYS, naturally, Dr.phil must be a user of his own system!. and fair enough, i found his profile. And i guess because this is in its early development stages. He never got around uploading his picture, 🙂 i took a snap shot of it just incase he does add his picture later!. In which case, it would make this post seem really silly.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: ci, code igniter, development, framework, mvc, php, rapyd, Web Development
Okay okay okay, lets take it back few steps, rapyd is a framework/library built on top of Code igniter. Code igniter is an MVC php framwork that just,,,,,,, kicks ass. And rapyd is a library that codes all of your most redundant tasks for you such as, CRUD generating, logical layout, user authentication, etc.
It goes beyond just simple scaffolding, if you are into web development at all, YOU NEED to give this a W00T.
It features (and i qoute rapyd.com for this):
Data Presentation Components
- It has a theme/views system to standardize components layout
- A tag-based function-engine (to easily format field values)
- An easy way to paginate data (with CI helpers / libraries like uri and pagination)
Data Editing Components
- A tiny dynamic ORM (DataObject), based on CI Active Record (now with a basic support for relationships)
- Many field classes: input, textarea, editor (tinyMCE), datetime(jscalendar), etc..
- A form class (based on field classes and CI libs, helpers)
- An elegant way to create CRUD interfaces (like CI scaffolding feature, but totally customizable)
Happy coding people,
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: blogger, Engineering, Entertainment, online, Web 2.0, Web Design, Web Development, web traffic
As of today, April 10th, around noonish GMT. There are 851,462 wordpress blogs. Meaning, we need 148,538 more blogs to reach the 1 MILLION blog mark. In this post i will attempt to do a half a55ed stab to guess as to when this will take place.
Blog creation and deletion per day against time should be the two variables we need, both could be found here. Naturally, i’m going to base my estimate based on today’s graphs:
Now, i’m too lazy to actually work out best fit line and estimate the way the function grows and then integrate it with somewhat of a sharp confidence intervals, SO i’m just going to draw how i THINK these graphs will look like in the future, get some average points on times that i picked out of a hat!, and i get this:
OKAY, doing a little bit of math and we’ll get our answer.
Days left for 1 million blog mark = average number of sign-ups a day – average number of deletion a day / 148538
I CANNOT START describing how horried the math that i just did is!, some of you are thanking your dear lord that i’m not doing this for living 🙂 BUT COMMON, there is’nt much to do around the office today, and i was reminiscing about first year math!.